Races

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Well that was memorable

*Sorry for the massive paragraph, I've re-posted this 10 times now and it keeps defaulting to one paragraph.* Today I had my longest run to date. In brief: *Who: AWESOME Second Wind Running Pace 10:30/11 Pace Group * When: Sunday @ 7am Where: 20 miles on the backroads of Urbana in 20 mph wind * The group was slightly smaller today, as Sue Ellyn was vacationing and Donna skipped out after about 2 miles since she wasn't feeling well. In retrospect, I should have followed suit, but then I wouldn't be able to call this post memorable. *The group fought the wind and hills the entire route, but stayed positive. I wish that was the only thing I was fighting today. As I told the guys, "What happens with running buddies, stays with running buddies." Anybody who has any long distance running experience can probably imagine that some interesting memories are bound to be made out in the country where there are no conventional toilets. *Thankfully I always pack toilet paper or paper towels, "just in case." Despite my horrendous GI issues today, I felt great. There is no denying that the wind was miserable, at one point it even pushed me sideways into the road about 2 feet. However, my legs and heart could have taken on the marathon today, but my stomach had different ideas. I can only hope this was the first and last of its kind for this marathon training. *The guys did a great job today and I am so thankful to have a group like this to make some memories, even these kinds. Thanks Mike, Del, and Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment