Races

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Last mid-week 10 miler

Yesterday I took on my last biggie for the mid-week runs. Tony had off, so I was able to get out for my run soon after arriving home. Ellie joined me for the first 2 miles and then I dropped her back off, grabbed my water and music, and headed to the track. The local community college's track is just about a mile from our house, so I decided to head there and do most of my run on the track. The weather was perfect and the running surface would be a little easier on my body. There was a track practice going on, so I was distracted and reminded of my days running track with my dad as the coach. Those are were fun days. The kids seemed to be having fun out there and that gave me something to smile about. I finished the run feeling better than I did when I started and was glad to get the miles out of the way so I could enjoy some time with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment