Races

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Marathon Madness

It is probably not surprising that I am a bit anxious about Saturday. I've tried to stay as focused as possible, but I feel like I have a lot to get done between now and Saturday. One thing that I need to pay attention to is what I am eating, especially starting tomorrow.

I've done a lot of reading throughout this process and have tried to figure out what works for me. I still don't have the answer. What I do know is that I need to fill my body with healthy items. So, today I made it to the grocery store and cut up a bunch of fruit for the next few days and made a pasta salad for my lunches the next few days. Now I still need to figure out what we will be eating for dinner. I do plan to cut out dairy starting now until after the race when I will consume my post-race chocolate milk:)



I always had heard that you want to carbo-load the night before, but I came to understand that the process really starts three days out. Eating carbs has never been a problem for me, so I really don't have to change that too much. My true challenge will be cutting back on the Easter goodies, which should be a bit more problematic.

No comments:

Post a Comment