Races

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Early Morning Run

I set-up a running date with Mary for an early run on Tuesday. I know that I need to start running more in the morning since the weather will be getting hot in the summer. I am likely to make excuses if it is just me running in the morning, but if I arrange to meet someone, I can't back out.


We planned to get out by 5:25 so I could be back in time to shower and leave for work. I didn't sleep that well because it stormed the entire night. I kept wondering when it was going to stop and thinking, oh man, I don't know if I can run in that!


I texted Mary in the morning to see if we were still on and her witty response was, "I still plan to go, but I won't judge you if you want to take a RAIN check." I replied and said I was in, but I was a bit reluctant. It POURED until 5:20 and then miraculously stopped at 5:25.



We cranked out 5 miles in 46:13, which is fast for me. I think we were both motivated by the chilly temps as well as the pending return of the rain. I enjoyed the morning run and hope to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment