Races

Friday, April 22, 2011

Last 9 miler for this training

I took advantage of my day off and ran in the morning without worrying about rushing to work. I met Mary for a 9 miler around 6:30. We did a small portion of the marathon route, but it did include the gentle incline that appears around mile 24. It felt a lot better this time than when we did it for our 20 miler. The flowers are now fully in bloom, so the scenery is also even better than last time.

We JUST beat the ran, as it started pouring the instant I stepped in the house. Our timing has been phenomenal the last few runs, so I'm hoping we are good luck for missing the rain on marathon day. The current 10 day forecast has it in the picture, but I'm not fretting yet since it is still a bit out.

The run was great, although I noticed my hamstring bothering me the rest of the day. This happened after Tuesday's run too. I'm hoping it isn't anything too serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment