Races

Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's Go Time





Tonight I headed to the Expo with Mary and Cass hoping to also run into a few of my running mates from Second Wind. The expo was set up nicely and really wasn't too crowded. I am glad we went tonight, as I could see how logistically it could have been much worse if there were more runners checking in.



We found our numbers and those of the other's we were picking up for. Got our bibs and checked them in with the computer to make sure the information was correct.


Got our bags, complete with a pink shirt, strength training book--?, and many brochures for upcoming races.




Cass visited the taping area while Mary and I checked out the race.


I hoped to run into Del and Donna, but didn't see them...we must have just missed each other.


I checked in with the pace leaders, but didn't get much information since the pacer for 4:45 was not there.



We took a few pictures and we were out. I don't know why I expected the expo to be more than what it was. Maybe this was because my only other big expo experience was when I tagged along with Tony and a friend for the Chicago Marathon. I had anticipated that the expo would really get me mentally pumped and excited for the race, unfortunately I didn't feel this way. I walked away feeling about the same as I did walking in...I can only imagine what tomorrow will bring.


I am the Coolest Runner Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment