Races

Friday, April 29, 2011

SO Loved




Today I was reminded how special some people are to me and how nice they are. I am so thankful for the place I work and the great friends that I have near and far. Today 26 items were delivered throughout the day to my classroom with special notes from students and teachers to support me on my run tomorrow. I think I only cried 3 times, but could have cried more if I wasn't fighting it.




I don't have time to note every item for each mile, but a few of the stand-outs are the anti-diarrheal medication and the Depends. I am sure with all that chocolate that was sent my way, I'll need those both at some point!



Thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way...so many people to thank, I'll wait until after race day.




Selfishly, I did have my students make signs for the race. Technically, the signs are generally for ALL the marathoners, but they added the special C-A-P-P-A just for me. The students selected 4 sayings they wanted, but took a vote and decided on Don't Stop. I made them put the apostrophe in!

No comments:

Post a Comment