Races

Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Trusty Woodway

Due to the lovely weather, I had to run inside again yesterday. My schedule called for a 7 mile run, so I was dreading doing this on a treadmill. I had checked the health club's website frequently during the day to make sure they would still be open, unlike many other businesses. Fortunately, they were open and I was able to get there by about 5:45pm once Tony got home from work.

I typically choose to run on one of two treadmills, both being Woodways. These are a little nicer treadmills and have a feel more like running on the track. My first stint was on a the one that has the broken TV since someone had already snatched the other one. So, I spent the first 3.25 miles looking at my reflection in the TV. I gradually increased my speed finishing those miles in just over 33 minutes. Thankfully the gal next to me finished and I was able to hop over to the Woodway with the working TV. The second part of the run went even better and I was able to crank out the remaining 3.75 in 38 minutes.


I felt pretty good and it was not as horrible as I had expected it to be. It was nice to see the friendly faces of some friends who we just had over for dinner the other night. My new shoes seem to be working out nicely as well. I am considering using them for my 13 miler this weekend, but feel like it might be too soon to try them out. I'm open to opinions if you have any.


I've been quite consumed with this running stuff and spend a lot of time reading about running through other blogs (some listed here, but not all) and information I can find online. My students are giving me a hard time because it has been a couple months since I've actually read a book.
I came across this quotation that I will be keeping in mind this weekend, "As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do." Zachary Scott
Some other food for thought is an article linked here that discusses the strain training for endurance sports can have on family.

No comments:

Post a Comment