Races

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

That was somehwat unexpected

Another fartlek was scheduled for Monday and I was excited to try the workout again since I only had to run 4 miles. Unfortunately the freezing cold and rain forced me inside and waiting for after dinner when Tony was home from work.

I wasn't too worried about running after eating dinner because I used to do this all the time without problems. Well, guess there is a first for everything. The first mile and a half were great. The speed work wasn't bad, even on the dreaded treadmill. Unfortunately, by about mile 2, I felt like I was going to throw up my dinner at any second. I had to slow it down and really didn't get much of a workout in after that. I made myself complete 4 miles total, but the last 2 miles were a mix of jog and walk. I'm calling that a fartlek.

The Blizzard of '11 has left me house bound yesterday and today. I keep checking the gym website to make sure they are open today. I hope to make it to the gym tonight to crank out 7 miles on the treadmill...ugh.

On another note, after my run on Saturday I did buy new shoes. I tried to get ones that were as close to the model that I currently have. Fortunately they had my size in stock, were on sale, and gave me an "extra" discount. As a result, I decided to purchase a second pair to have after these new ones wear out and another pair of Smart Wool socks. I can't wait to try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment