Races

Monday, February 21, 2011

Just a little Obsessed

As you can see, this little running thing has turned into a bit more than just running. I'm afraid I'm turning into my father. I've been increasing my miles on the road along with my list of blogs that I read regularly (some listed on the side) and books I'm currently reading. I've never been one to read more than one book at a time, but am currently finishing Run Like a Mother and have started Ultra Marathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner (and my students wonder why I haven't been reading the latest YA fiction).

I had been super excited about starting to read Run Like a Mother because of my current situation and the fact that the two authors keep a blog that I occasionally follow. It has some interesting stories, but overall, it's not as great as I had hoped it would be. They do include tidbits from over 100 female runners that they interviewed and those make for some great stories and insights.

As for Dean Karnazes, the Ultra Marathon Man, he is outright crazy. He's run 5o marathons in 50 consecutive days. I haven't gotten to that part of the book, he's only just finished his first 50 mile race and is training for the Western States Endurance 100 mile run. His stories are incredible and he makes my 16 mile feat from this weekend seem like a warm-up.

I'm afraid I've found a new passion. We'll see how long this lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment