Races

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Midweek Run

8+ miles ran
7 massive puddles stepped in
6 waits at stop lights
5 zig zags across the road to avoid cars, snow, ice, and uncleared paths
4 cars that nearly hit me bringing me to full out stops
3 snow bank/ice piles I had to jump into to avoid cars and other obstructions
2 new blisters from running in wet socks
1 potty break at Panera

Overall time: 1:28 (not too bad in my opinion considering the obstacle course I went through)
Felt pretty good before and after

Dear Champaign,

I know I complained about not clearing snow from our streets and not having a snow removal mandate, but I think the lack of lighting is actually worse. I do not feel safe running long stretches without any street lights on roads that do not have sidewalks. I just might have to invest in a headlamp for my runs, that would be especially dorky. Please help your people out.

Thanks,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment