Races

Monday, January 10, 2011

A New Appreciation for Yoga

I tried out Yoga tonight at the gym in hopes to help stretch my body after the long run yesterday. I think I accomplished that goal. I can definitely feel the benefits of doing yoga after a long run and hope to do it again. I don't think I would choose to solely rely on Yoga for a means of working out, but my body feels great--probably just as good as it did after my massage I got after Xmas.

The class went a little longer than I had thought--I kept glancing at the clock and asking myself, "Is this class longer than 60 minutes? Shouldn't we be doing some sort of relaxation to cool down?" The instructor did comment afterwards that he kept us a little long...probably 80 minutes, but my body was thankful.

I'm no expert at any of the balancing poses, but I think I'll keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment