Races

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bucket List

When I was in 8th grade, one of our Language Arts assignments was to create a list of 50 things we wanted to do in our life. Our teacher tried to encourage us to be as specific as possible and to not just state that we wanted to, for example, run a marathon. Instead, we were supposed to try and quantify our goal and qualify it in some way (this is probably how most goals should actually be written). While I do not have the actual assignment, there are a few items that stand out and I recall what I am supposed to be doing.

One item on my list of things to do was to run a marathon by the time I was ____. I remember it as being 30, but I think in reality it was actually by the time I was 25. 25 has come and gone and 30 is just around the corner. I have finally decided to bite the bullet and instead of using my favorite excuse, "Well, I've run two half marathons and two halves equal a whole," I plan to run the Illinois Marathon on Saturday April 30th.


I hope this blog can be a motivation for me, hold me accountable, and provide a record of my attempt at accomplishing one of the most difficult things I have ever tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment