Races

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Brrrrr...

I had a busy day today and knew I would not be looking forward to my 6 miler today. I wasn't able to get out until after 7pm and by that time it had been dark for a few hours, temperatures had dropped even lower (not too bad, 25ish), and I was less motivated than ever.

I decided to take Ellie with me for part of the run since, as you can see, my running gear features BLACK which is not the best choice for nighttime (I'll have to invest in some reflectives of some sort). Tony suggested I wear his bike reflectors that are for legs around my arm. I did, but we could only find one. I have also stolen Tony's devil horns hat and have been running with it lately. I told 2 of the girls I run with that I knew they would either be totally embarrassed or totally jealous--they were jealous!

I didn't have an actual route and was a little bit fearful after hearing a safety talk by the police officer at the kick-off meeting, so I did 3 completely random out and backs for around 2 miles. I did drop Ellie off and stopped inside after each to drink some water and go to the bathroom. As a result, it took me awhile, but I truly felt great, which is important. My hip has still been bothering me quite a bit so I did extra stretches afterwards and even used my roller.

Yesterday I made sure to start some sort of core workout routine and I added some random stretching as well as hip strenghtening excercises that I just made up as I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment