Races

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Midweek Report

I really need to come up with more creative titles, but I am just wiped. Yesterday I went back to yoga and did enjoy it. The class was moved to a different room, which happened to be occupied by an intense cardio class right before it. This left the room musty and HOT...I felt as if I was going to be taking one of those hot yoga classes, Hatha Yoga I believe. Fortunately after the fans started circulating some of the stinky air it finally seemed to go away.


The yoga provided a great stretch and a little time to relax, but I still have not gotten much out of the nature references and such. I think I'll continue to give it a go because it seems to help get my body readjusted after a long run.


Tonight I put in 6 miles on the dreaded treadmill. I used to never mind the treadmill, but now that I have been running more, it is like torture. I constantly check my speed and my time. I calculate in my head how much longer I have and it is unbearable. I didn't feel terrific tonight, but enjoyed some pieces of Top Chef and pushed through.


I find I really need my space as I got very irritated when I was joined on both sides of my treadmill by other people running. I start to get a little competitive and eye their distance and speed. Fortunately I significantly outlasted both runners and that actually gave me some motivation for the last part of the run.


I averaged 9:41 for the total run and periodically adjusted the incline to give a little resistance. Tomorrow is a rest day and then I have 3 on Friday and 11 on Sunday. I hope I find some more energy to finish out the week otherwise this is going to be rough.

I had Tony take a picture of me after my run, but somehow when I uploaded it, it seems to be nowhere to be found. Instead, I leave you with my outfit for today at school. This week is Spirit Week and the 2 gals and I really take it to the next level each year to make it as fun as possible for us and the kids. Today was Gold Rush (you were supposed to just where Black/Gold, our school colors), but this was our interpretation of the day. Maybe I'm putting a little too much energy into the day and that is affecting my runs. I'm sure I left a few sparkles on the treadmill today.

No comments:

Post a Comment