Races

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Tired

As the week has gone on, I'm fatigued.  I was especially tired yesterday after work, but was able to sneak in an icing session and a little nap all before 6pm.  I decided to head to the gym to do my exercises because it helps me focus and I feel more like an athlete when I go.  It forces me to put on some workout clothes and at least pretend I'm doing something.

I snagged the cycling room at a time when class wasn't in session.  I cycled for 10 minutes without resistance, did my exercises, and then did an additional 10 minutes on the bike.  It took me close to 50 minutes to do all of this, which seems like longer than it should.


I apologize for this pathetic excuse of a selfie.  I am drastically behind in this department!

I am definitely noticing progress, but was glad I had another therapy session today to check in and get some more exercises.  Andy is now having me try the standing stability exercises on both legs.  When my operative leg is grounded, it is beyond obvious how little muscle I have there.  My legs were shaking like crazy during my session today and I was beyond embarrassed!

I am supposed to progress my bridge work to one leg, sit on the stability ball and lift my leg, do mini squats, and continue my side/front/back leg lifts off of one leg.  I was relieved to hear that Andy was okay with me just doing the exercises once a day instead of twice like I had been doing.  He was very encouraging and assures me that I am doing well.  I warned him of my cheating tendencies because I have discovered that I am really good at looking like I'm doing what I'm supposed to do, but probably am not always doing it completely correctly.

My pain is primarily in my back.  It had been just on the right (operative) side, but now is almost the entire back.  I am hoping it is just culture shock to be back at work and such instead of anything to be worried about.

2 comments:

  1. I totally hear you on the going to the gym thing - if feels more "legit" than trying to do PT on my living room floor!

    ReplyDelete