Races

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Old Tricks


Tomorrow I'll be back to work.  I think I am ready, but I fully anticipate being tired by the end of the day and in need of my ice machine, which continues to live in our family room on the blow up mattress that has yet to be deflated.  My principal has been prepped with my restrictions per the doctor--50% of the time I am to be sitting and my walking and standing must be limited.  More importantly, I am to be excused from my hall monitoring duties.  Our hallways can get crazy and despite me being close to 5'9", these youngsters are about my height, especially the guys.  

I've been feeling pretty good and I decided to try out some of my old tricks.  Beginning in October of 2013, I had been swimming 3-4 times a week and would do close to a mile most of the time.  I decided to try out a few lengths with the pull buoy.  This meant my legs and hips were stabilized and I only used my upper body...boy did that feel good!  
 I've continued to be regular with my therapy exercises and definitely see improvements as a result.  Bree gave me more feedback and the few that I believed I was cheating at.  I have gotten better, but will consult with Andy tomorrow.
This is truly an awful picture, but I thought I'd get in at least one pic that includes me.


For some other random information, I've caught up on a few movies during my downtime.  One of my struggles has been remembering if I've taken my medication.  I have a horrible memory, so this was tricky for me each day.  Today I counted my aspirin and had to subtract the number of days I've supposed to have taken them.  I still can't figure out if I took it today or not.


I am glad to be returning to work tomorrow and back to some more of my old tricks.  I've missed my students and my colleagues, but golly, it sure was nice lounging around:)  My posts are likely to diminish since I'll resume all of my normal responsibilities, but I'll be sure to check in when I can.


1 comment: