Races

Friday, March 28, 2014

Uneventful Day 10

I wish I had some more exciting things to report.  Each day I wake up with less pain.  Until I begin physical therapy on Monday, my days will probably continue to be similar.

I think the kids are getting used to just relaxing...

Watching Frozen, again, with two of their buddies.

Dr. Ho's recovery plan involves resting, icing, doing ankle pumps, pendulum swings, and heel pulls.  Since I haven't been lying down as much and I am not experiencing poor circulation or swelling, I have been doing fewer ankle pumps and heel pulls.  Instead, I make a point to perform my pendulum swings.
This is me standing on the first step of our stairs with my operative leg hanging off the side.  

This is the first part of the circular motion.

This is the second part of the circular motion.
 The first few days my circles were much smaller.  I continue to increase the size of the motion each day.

This is the final part of the circular motion.


I typically do about 20 forward and 20 backward about 5 times a day.  If I am sitting in a chair, I sometimes pull my knee up and I also massage the incision area when I think of it.  I can feel a little bit of scar tissue building near one of the entry points.  

I plan to add in my clam shells and other pre-op exercises I had been doing.  I would prefer to wait until my first physical therapy session, which is on Monday, but I am also extremely eager to get this party started.

1 comment:

  1. Reenacting frozen seems like perfect PT. Also it looks like your pictures are all broken.

    ReplyDelete