Races

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

1 Week Post-Op

It is amazing to see the quick healing that is occurring for me.  I am truly thankful and I hope things continue in this trajectory.  Yesterday was my first day completely by myself.  Dr. Ho informed me that putting more weight on my operative leg would be allowable and he permitted me to take small, careful steps while in my house.  I was able to do quite a bit of this today, but did spend much of the morning sitting upright in a chair and working on some scrapbooking for my children.

The neighbor lady was nice enough to come visit.  We enjoyed lunch and sat at the table chatting away for nearly 2 hours!

After she left,  my outer hip hurt quite a bit, so I lied down and iced the area for at least an hour.  I took it easy the rest of the day and caught up on the latest news.  The down time allowed me to gear up for a grand adventure with my husband to see Divergent.  He had asked me a couple days ago if I had wanted to go and, and at the time, it seemed like this would have taken herculean effort.  Well, like I said above, it is impressive how different just a couple of days have been for me.  I packed an ice pack and we were off to movie as soon as he returned home from work.  I was fine most of the time, but noticed the outer hip to be annoying.

Afterwards, I iced for at least an hour and headed off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment