Races

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Day 9 Post Op and What It Looked Like

Day 9 has been fairly uneventful.  I spent much of the day resting, but was fortunate enough to have some friends get me and the kids out of the house for a little while.  Later in the evening, two very good friends delivered meals for my family and I am truly overwhelmed by the support we are receiving.

Once people hear that I had surgery (and before that I was having hip surgery), they assume it is a hip replacement.  Obviously, it wasn't, but here are some pictures from the scope.

This is the first page of pictures I was given.  Top two are getting into the area, next two are looking at the bruising and inflammation, not sure of the next two, and the bottom two are assessing the extent of the tear.

This is the second page of the pictures from Dr. Ho.  You can see the important shots in the next two pictures.

The top picture shows the excess bone or FAI.  The bottom picture is what he removed.

This shows him moving things around to determine how torn the labrum is.  Based on his discovery, Dr. Ho decided to leave the tear and allow it to hopefully repair itself.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about people thinking you're getting a hip replacement. I don't know how many people have said (after I say hip surgery) tell me I'm getting old and asking how I broke my hip lol (I'm 28, I guess old comes quick these days)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! The other misconception once they hear it is not a hip replacement is that the recovery will be SO much quicker! Definitely not the case. My dad had a hip replacement and was walking within two days!

      Delete