Races

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Miles in Mexico

I traveled to Cozumel with two co-workers for part of our Spring Break. We got there Saturday and returned last night. It was a quick trip, but fun and relaxing. Conveniently, there was a path outside of our hotel that supposedly went the whole way around the island. I don't entirely believe that, but it made it much better than running on the one treadmill that they had at the resort.

I went out Sunday afternoon and had the path mostly to myself. Here are some GREAT pictures that I took...not really great, but at least you can see where I was running.

This was a lobster restaurant that was located about a quarter mile away from our resort. There was also a gated area for private properties along the way. Some were still occupied and others were run down.

Tuesday's run was a short one, only about 3 miles. Even though the front desk and other travelers assured me it was safe, since I was the only one out there in the afternoon I was especially cautious. I wouldn't go too far from the hotel and would simply turn around and repeat. It was a hot one, but thankfully the path was fairly shaded and I even caught a few sprinkles that were quite refreshing.
On Thursday I made it out in the morning around 7am and there were many more travelers on the path. A couple from my resort headed out just a minute or so ahead of me so I decided to stay near them. They were going about my pace, so I creeped a steady minute behind them the whole way. They went for about a mile and a half and turned around, so I did as well. I continued on a bit after they got back to the resort and put in hopefully around 4.5 miles. The weather was perfect and this time I had a waterbottle with me. I did feel pretty good, but my legs on both runs did feel a bit like lead.
I returned from my trip last Wednesday night so I was a little tired this morning. The weather here was not inviting this morning, so I chose the treadmill and cranked out a speedy 7 miles. I felt great and finished the run with an average pace of 10:10. I am cautiously looking forward to my 12 miles this weekend because on the up, I'm hoping to run with my Ironwoman friend, but on the down, I have skipped a few miles this last week and hope it doesn't affect my run on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment