Races

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A few more firsts

When I started this training, I told a number of people that I was used to running in the heat and that it didn't bother me. It was going to be an adjustment running in the cold. Well, I've adjusted. What I thought I really wouldn't adjust to was rain. I went out in the rain tonight, something I don't think I've ever done before. Another thing that I wouldn't normally do is add hills to my routes. Tonight I didn't do the hill once, I did it four times.

I'm also saying things that just don't sound right. I recall reading my Iron Woman friend's blog and her commenting about her husband, who is not an avid runner, saying, "Oh I just have to run 4 miles today." That is what I told my husband as I headed out the door. Four miles used to be significant for me. Not any more. Wow, where's the Jill I've known the last 29 years?

Here is my training shirt from the group. They're quite nice. Also, to respond to a comment, it is hard to pinpoint my exact weight loss since my body hasn't been "normal" with being pregnant twice the last 3 years. What I can say, is that I've lost at least 12 pounds from where my weight typically was. Specifically, I have lost at least 7 pounds since starting to train for the marathon. As a note, it is not recommended to use marathon training for weight loss and I am not promoting that. I am eating like crazy, that has never been a problem for me. My weight loss is probably a combination of both running a lot as well as still nursing little TJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment