Races

Friday, March 18, 2011

I think they call that character building

This week was a rough one. I had been dreading it since the beginning of the training. I'm headed to Mexico in 6 and a half hours, which will be delightful. However, I haven't even really had any time to think about it yet because of everything leading up until this. Mileage-wise, this was a big week. Wednesday I put in 10 miles that were a bit challenging due to some cramps between mile 3 and 6. Additionally, my long run is scheduled for Sunday, but since I'll be in Mexico, I had the great debate as to how to get those miles in.

After much consideration, I decided to change my 5 miles on the schedule today to my long run. We had parent-teacher conferences until late last night (alas the dread) and conferences in the morning. It actually made the most sense to get some of the miles in before school, so I decided to run to school. I also ran home afterwards in the rain. After a quick wardrobe change and some fueling, I headed out again for about 12 miles. In total I was able to get in 17, which was really supposed to be 20. I am a little disappointed since I've followed my training to a T. Many people assure me that this is not going to blow my training. I hope that is the case.


I could go into more details, but should check over my packing and head to bed. Needless to say, I ran in the rain, with little emotional stamina, and ended up with a bloody foot. Thankfully it's over and I can relax in Mexico...Adios!

I should have also taken a picture of my shoe because the blood went all the way through to that too. Not actually sure what happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment