Races

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ugh...

Motherhood strikes for the first time. I guess I shouldn't complain that this is really the first time being a mom has interfered with my running plans for this training session. I intended to run right away after school and get my 7 miles in before picking up the kids. Both children have been fighting colds since Sunday and today TJ was a mess. I received a text from our sitter requesting that I pick them up as soon as possible so that TJ's nap wouldn't be interrupted. I was glad our sitter was thinking ahead, but I had to create a new plan for my run. I dreaded this part because I knew a treadmill run was probably inevitable.

After M&Ms dance class, I reluctantly made my way to the gym and watched a few sitcoms while I ran. I did come to a few realizations:

1.) I can officially join the "I hate treadmill club."
2.) I pushed it too hard the first few miles.
3.) Sadly, I am most comfortable at a 10:41 pace. I was hoping to learn that I could crank out my 7 miles at a faster pace than my slow, long runs on the weekend...epic fail.

A few highlights, though, were that I did push through and finished with an average pace of 10:10, I successfully completed 1 minute planks twice, and I felt comfortable in my new running gear that I purchased with my mom two weekends ago.


P.S. I had Tony take a picture of me in my new gear. After I took a closer look, it looked like I peed my pants. This is quite the conundrum because looking at that area now, it doesn't remotely appear like it seems to in the picture. So, I decided to delete the picture:)

No comments:

Post a Comment